Goals for 2015
Like last winter I’ve had some calf muscle issues that have kept me out of any serious running most of the winter. Nevertheless I’m still thinking positive about the upcoming triathlon season. No reason I can’t still work on my swimming and cycling fitness, and overall health. Seems they both help my running anyway. With that in mind here are my goals for 2015:
- Compete in the Terre Haute Triathlon and try to win the 55+ age group
- Run sub 6:00 mile at the Mayor’s Cup Mile on July 4
- Do at least 1 Xterra off-road triathlon in the summer
- Try to be at 100% fitness for the Lake Lemon (Monsterman) Triathlon in September and win my age group
- Finish a Gran Fondo (100 mile century ride)
Last year I was part of the local Forward Motion Triathlon Team, and for 2015 it was renamed the Illiana Multisport Team. They have a renewed focus for this year, and the team has really grown with the inclusion of a good group from Illinois. Hopefully I can be a good representative of that team for this year.
Unlike last year, I’m traveling rather extensively this year so it will be a bit of a challenge to make all this work. If all goes well I’ll be visiting Mexico, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Canada, and maybe Germany. Trying to be a man of faith and goals, both of which I believe make life so fun and rewarding.
How it all turns out, well I really have no idea, but why not tri …