Happy Birthday Sandy


Sandy is sometimes not only my big sister, but also like a second mom.
She is always been there for me when things get tough or go wrong.
Someone you can depend on wither close by or far removed.

When I was a just a little kid she was off to college.  I remember her as a reader and I was left inspired.  She would return home and stay for a while.  She owned a Ford Torino and traveled in style.  For me she always had a smile.

Before you know it she was off and married to Ron.  I missed their wedding when my camping trip took too long.  Not much time passed before they moved to Miami and were gone.    But we got to visit them where it was sunny and warm.

After basic training who would think it but down to Miami I was sent along.   They took me to the beach and let me tag along.  My fiends missed their families, but I tried not to gloat.  Mine lived just down the road and owned a ski boat.

Got orders for Germany and we parted again.  Yet Sandy wrote me letters and remained my friend.  A year passed before I got to visit with them.  I planned to return to Miami after my years in the military.  Yet when I got out I met Sherrie.

When college was over and I was looking to start a career, Ron and Sandy were there to arrest my fear.  They offered a trip to Miami where a good job appeared.   
Not only family, but instrumental in my career and friends.

When it was time to make hard decisions with my mom and dad she came by me again.  Hard times for all of us, but her character runs far from thin.  What’s next I cannot say, but I’m sure we will stay tight no matter what will come our way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rev3 Knoxville & the JumboTron

Top 10 Tips for a Sprint Triathlon

A Visit with ISU Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab