Paul vs Monster Man

If J R R Tolkien wrote a triathlon race report it might go something like this ...

It was still dark night when I set off to tackle the beast known as Monster Man.  My trusty steed ShadowFelt loaded and ready for battle.  We set off only to be greeted by a blinding rain, a storm of epic proportion. Undeterred we persevered till dawn finally broke.  

Now within the sight of the battlefield the gray clouds appeared in place of a rising sun.  A light mist filled the air as thick as the apprehension in my inmost being.

The quest began with a swim of 750 meters across the lake deep in the valley through depths unknown.  With this complete I quickly acquired my mount on ShadowFelt and set off up the misty mountain in search of this Monster Man foe.

Climbing higher and higher we ascended.  Now as the terrain freed of climb we headed out full stride.  Faster and faster we went as ShadowFelt gave its best.

Descending and ascending we looked to attack this said Monster Man.  Once it's tentacles reached out and pulled the rider near me off and threw him to the ground in great pain, but yet I continued.

Returning to the valley from whence we began this journey near the deep lake I set out on foot to yet acquire this monster.

Running across the valley and up the misty mountains.  I endeavored to persevere the heights and depths of this strange place.  All the while knowing the determined Monster Man could put an end to my journey at any moment.

With the finish of this perilous expedition in sight I passed the test this day.  Now on to settle within the safe fortress for a mighty meal to return my strength. 

Many companions joined me in safely returning from Monster Man's lair and joining the feast.  We celebrated our endeavor, but mourned for those lost to the creature.  Yet we plan our return and face this Monster of unknown proportion to once again to see who will be victorious.  Veni Vidi Vici

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rev3 Knoxville & the JumboTron

Top 10 Tips for a Sprint Triathlon

Sermon on the Beatitudes Sierra Leone October 27 2019