Mind Versus Body 7/19/2010

The Mind

Set the alarm clock for 5:50 AM
I'll be up and at it then
Go for an early run then later a swim

The Body

Alarms going off, and I need more rest
the Mind wants to put me to the test
I show him that this bed I like the best

The Mind

Come body lets get up and run
Will meet Joe and the others, it will be fun
If we get up early we can avoid the sun

The Body

Only 7 hours of sleep I need more
You worked me hard yesterday
and this bed I adore

The Compromise

30 minutes of sleep on that we can agree
I can still ride to work with some breakfast in me
then maybe tomorrow we will see ...

Comments

rhino said…
funny!! i have these little battles all the time, and honestly the one that says "stay in bed" wins.

Popular posts from this blog

Rev3 Knoxville & the JumboTron

Top 10 Tips for a Sprint Triathlon

Sermon on the Beatitudes Sierra Leone October 27 2019