Swimming at Half Moon Cay


Last week we had the opportunity to take a cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines to Half Moon Cay, and Nassau Bahamas.  While I’m in my key weeks of training for the Muncie Ironman 70.3 triathlon it wasn’t the best for training, but I did get to swim at the best location ever.  If you get the opportunity to visit Half Moon Cay, bring your goggles and plan on a great swim.  Can’t begin to tell you how beautiful this beach is.  What really surprised me as how calm the water is and perfect for swimming. 

The beach features a floating safety line with two sections; the longer one is well over a ¼ mile.  Did and out and back swim next to the line to start, then as the crowd picked up I switched to the shorter section and did a few laps next to that line.  The water is crystal clear turquoise that is just as beautiful as it gets. 

Just before the cruise I was at my planned race weight of 137.  I haven’t hit a scale yet, but I’m sure I gained a few pounds that I will have to work back off before July 9th.  I’m not a big eater, but the food is just so good and the service so awesome that I could turn in to one really easy on board.  My compliments and thanks to the crew, and specifically Jonathan and Paul who were our waiters for the trip.  I know they work really hard to show us a great time and they more than succeeded. 

Be sure to put Half Moon Cay on your bucket list.  You won’t be disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rev3 Knoxville & the JumboTron

Top 10 Tips for a Sprint Triathlon

A Visit with ISU Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab