Spring YES!!!

Today being the first official full day of Spring, I'm a new creature.  Feel a bit like a bear just coming out of
hibernation.  Running outside again, cycling on roads and not sitting on a stationary trainer, oh how I've been looking forward to it.  The last time I broke 20 miles in a week of running was November until this week.

First race is just 6 weeks away and until this week I was thinking it was going to be really rough.  However, my swim has improved, my run is returning back to a solid pace and cycling is starting to come around as well.  I think my body is getting allergic to cold.  Now that it's moving off I feel like a weight has been removed from my shoulders.  My sunglasses are out, I ran today in shorts and a t-shirt, before long I might even be able to swim outside again.

Plan to start the season at St. Anthony's triathlon in St. Pete, then back to the Terre Haute Triathlon on May 17th.  Hope to make all 4 of the Crossroads Events triathlons this year (http://cross-roads-events.com)  If things go well I'm planning on Ironman 70.3 Steelhead in August.  If I get the opportunity and qualify there I hope to make the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Canada in September.  Of course that is a tough task so I can only hope for the best at this point.

Have big plans for this summer?  Hope so, now that the suns shining no time to waste ...


Comments

Unknown said…
Hello Paul,

Good luck on your season. We had the chance to meet at the lake lemon sprint last year. I understand the great spring feeling. I have been working on planning my season and getting back to outdoor training life and it feels great. I will also be racing the May 17th event.

Best of Luck
Adam Martin

Popular posts from this blog

Rev3 Knoxville & the JumboTron

Top 10 Tips for a Sprint Triathlon

Sermon on the Beatitudes Sierra Leone October 27 2019